Friday 9 March 2012

Hudson Taylor and Gabrielle Aplin gig, Birmingham 2012

Jorge bought tickets to see Gabrielle a few months back and got me to take him, bribing me with the fact that Harry and Alfie were playing too.
Now I wasn't going to take my SLR as we've been arguing a bit of late, it's old,  slow and doesn't always record every image (which was a problem, I previewed some really niiiiice images which then weren't saved!! >:/). But anyway, I didn't want to leave it in my car, which was parked down a side street so I brought him into the gig and had much fun photographing Harry, Alfie and Gabrielle. Although I think I annoyed some of the 14 year old tiny people around me :D
Here's what I've managed to edit so far, however I am on an XP right now and my RAW editing program doesn't like XP very much ;)




Although that lighting they used for Gabrielle was much much better (you may have noticed the reddish tint to the only colour image of Hudson Taylor) she was much harder to photograph, a) because she was shorter and therefore a lot of the images have the mic covering her eye or some other part of her face and b) she was generally more erm.... facially active? Which is great to watch because you see emotion, not so good to photograph because her face looks funny :s

Her face also freaked me out because she has the same basic structure as my friend Debby. In fact, the only real difference is their mouth and eyes. 




Anyway, I had fun. I haven't photographed live music in a looooong time, since before I got into photography properly and I have to say I'd like to do it again. I had a night of that incorporated the two things I like best (3 if you include Jorge) and I enjoyed it very much, even though I had a splitting head ache :D

PEDO FACE!!!

And I had to include this picture from his duet with Gabrielle. Jorge thinks he was pissed(drunk), I just think he had a funny face xD

If you have no idea who these people are, they play very music and you should all go and listen to them :)


No comments:

Post a Comment